In conjunction with Valor Studios, I'll be leading the inaugural "Spearhead" tour to Europe in September 2020. Join us as we bring to life the legend and lore of the heroic tankers of the 3rd Armored Division—arguably the best in the armor business—the subjects of my upcoming book Spearhead!
BELGIUM: MONS // MARCHE // BASTOGNE
GERMANY: STOLBERG // BLATZHEIM // COLOGNE // REMAGEN // PADERBORN
NORDHAUSEN // BERLIN
10 Night Tour Highlights
- Take part in the Liberation of Mons celebration and feel the earth shake as we get up close to a moving column of Shermans, tank destroyers,
Greyhounds & more.
- Explore the ruined bunkers and dragon's teeth where the 3rd Armored Division pierced the Siegfried Line in fall 1944.
- See a rare collection of German armor, including a Panzer IV, Stug III, and plenty of Shermans, as we visit the history-hallowed town of Bastogne.
- Follow the hero of the new book, Clarence Smoyer, as he guides us through the urban battlefield of Cologne in an exclusive video, culminating at the cathedral where he waged a legendary duel with a Panther. If Clarence's health permits, he may even join us on the tour!
- Gaze upon the slow-moving Rhine as the tankers did as we visit the remains of the bridge at Remagen, not far from where the 3rd Armored crossed the Rhine.
- Tour the halls of Wewelsburg castle, the "spiritual" home of the SS soldiers who resisted the 3rd Armored in the climatic battle at Paderborn!
- Walk the site of one of WWII’s most “hushed-up” stories, the Welborn Massacre, where the 3rd Armored's beloved commanding general was killed in a massive ambush by German armor.
- Prove your mettle as you take the controls of a Cold War tank/Armored Personnel Carrier in a once-in-a-lifetime driving experience!
- And plenty more, soon to be announced!
Lodging & Dining
4 and 5 star hotel accommodations in historic Mons, Urspelt, Cologne, and Berlin.
Our hotels run the gamut from a renovated castle in the rolling hills of Luxembourg to a 5-star historic property that witnessed the battle for Cologne.
All hotels have English-speaking staff, air conditioning and wifi included, along with a daily European breakfast.
Not only will the Spearhead tour be an amazing historical journey, but also a flavorful culinary adventure!
We’ll dine on a variety of Belgian classics like Belgian waffles, mussels, "les frites," & savory gratins!
Then we’ll move onto German staples with hearty sausages and schnitzels, sauerbraten and spreads, all washed down by cold Kölsch & Riesling!
All locations we'll visit!
Unparalleled access to bestselling author Adam Makos who will accompany the tour for the full nine days
Exclusive “for-our-eyes-only” tours, led by local expert guides & Adam
A tour binder with maps of each location & exclusive wartime photos
A tour coordinator will be on hand for the full duration of the "Spearhead" tour
10 nights’ accommodations in 4 and 5-star hotels
Eat like a general! 10 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 8 dinners, all provided
Unlimited non-alcoholic and 1 alcoholic beverage at each lunch & dinner so you can enjoy the local specialties
Welcome and farewell parties to start and end the tour in a way the "Spearhead" tankers would approve!
No hassle curb-to-curb airport transfers on arrival & departure days
Access to an on-line album featuring tour photos of you, taken by us
Luxury private coach with unlimited water on-board, restroom, A/C, and wifi
All admissions fees & gratuities are taken care of by us
As a memento, you'll receive the art print "Unstoppable," hand-signed by the real tankers of "Spearhead"!
Dates & Price
The "Spearhead" tour
is planned for September 2020!
We anticipate the cost to be:
$5,995/person, for double occupancy
$6,995/person, for single occupancy
(Payment plans are available!)